Starting a profitable blog doesn’t mean you go into debt to do it. You don’t have to buy the most expensive blog theme, or hosting plan. Many bloggers will tell you the opposite. It never made sense to me. Why would I invest in like $100 blogging tool when I haven’t made that much yet?
That’s what I thought to myself when I first started my blog. I used a free blogging platform, spent $1 on my domain name, and spent less than $15 on my blog theme. It didn’t prevent me from making my first $500 blogging.
Keep reading to find out the exact steps you need to take to start a profitable blog without breaking the bank.
*Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my full disclosure for further information.
How much does it cost to start a blog?
Can I start a blog for free?
Is it worth starting a blog?
Can you really make money blogging?
- Affiliate marketing
- Sell your services
- Sponsored blog posts
- Sponsored social media posts
- Sell ebooks
- Sell online courses
- Sell other digital products like printables
1) Pick an affordable blogging platform or host provider
2) Pick your domain
3) Pick your blog theme
4) Install your blog theme and set up your blog
- You need to pick your brand colors (all I did was pick my favorite color blue)
- Setup your blog pages (home page, about me, contact page, legal pages, topics)
- Pick your topics
- Install graphics/images
5) Educate yourself on the legal aspects of blogging
6) Monetize Your Blog
Affiliate marketing for beginner bloggers
7) Start writing your blog posts
8) Promote your blog
- Facebook groups for bloggers
- Viral Content Bee